External Audit - Assistant Manager
Job no: 505752
Work type: Permanent Full Time, Fixed Term Full Time
Division: Audit, Assurance & Risk Consulting
“The people are what makes KPMG such a great place to work and having so many divisions that come together to deliver to our clients, I have met so many people which has great” – Travers Dowling (Assistant Manager – KPMG).
What we offer:
- Energetic and talented teams
- Environments to challenge the status quo
- Passionate people with a social conscious
- A variety of project management teams
- Multiple social events to meet new people
- The chance to travel (domestic/international)
- Stakeholder exposure
- Flexible working hours
- No dress code policy
- Consistent technological advancements
- Sponsorship and relocation
The auditing world is changing and we want you to come help us change it. Standardisation, automation and digitalisation is the future of audit at KPMG. Questioning 'why' is the environment we encourage and where our people strive. KPMG want you to have the ability to challenge the way things were done in the past while working on multiple industries and high profile brands - because we believe 'if you never stretch, you never grow!'.
Joining us means you will be part of an agile and flexible working environment that can offer you best in class learning and personal development opportunities. Not to mention an array of benefits including annual flu vaccinations, volunteer leave, discounted health insurance, MS Office for home products and a load of retail discounts.
About the Role
- Prepare technical accounting reports and other management reports such as the Audit committee report, Management Letter, Reports of Factual Findings and Audit Reports.
- Exposure in leading small teams and overseeing workflow and work quality as needed.
- Collaborating with multiple engagement teams, alongside coaching and mentoring of junior team members.
- Design and perform audit procedures for engagements, coaching others and performing substantive testing on significant accounts and testing controls under the KPMG Audit Methodology.
- Report to the relevant Manager/Partner informed of engagement progress including identification of issues, while also keeping the client informed of progress of the engagement, relevant findings and contributes to final Audit reporting.
Is this you?
Do you have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and experience presenting to clients? Are you ambitious in your career and demonstrate a passion for learning? Are you CA, CPA or ACCA qualified as well as have strong numerical reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills? If this is you and you have a sound understanding of external audit processes and methodologies, plus accounting frameworks including as IFRS and US GAAP, then you are the perfect candidate for KPMG External Audit.
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. KPMG plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; we use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
Next steps? Click on the link below and we will be back in touch with you as quick as possible.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now