Manager - Data & Analytics - Risk Strategy & Technology
Job no: 505796
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Brisbane, Parramatta, Sydney
Division: Audit, Assurance & Risk Consulting
- New Manager Opportunity
- Data Practice
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
You will work in a rapidly growing part of KPMG’s Data Practice with projects that span multiple locations and industry sectors.
Our highly skilled Data & Analytics team helps our clients to use their data resources for creating value, enhancing competitiveness and driving business decisions within Data & Analytics.
We provide unique services through delivering consulting projects, custom analytics work, proofs of concept, fantastic face to face and on-line trainings and accreditations for our brightest minds around data and advanced analytics.
Our team is seeking data specialists to support our ambitious growth strategy. Working in our team you'll be mixing with some of the brightest minds while working on significant commercial projects – solving real world problems at some of the nation's most respected companies, using some of the most exciting and interesting data you wouldn’t normally have access to.
Your new role
You’ll be working collaboratively within a team environment and building strong client relationships. Joining our team you’ll be working across projects that are applying data solutions to solve client problems.
- Helping clients establish a vision for information delivery and management and driving execution of the roadmap, including enterprise data architecture, big data, analytics, content and data management
- Working with our data architects, analysts, scientists and engineers to deliver the solutions that fulfil our clients' business information needs and align their information vision, strategy and execution
- Solving challenging problems with advanced Data Science and Machine Learning techniques – using statistical tools like R, MATLAB, Python, SAS and SPSS
- Working with emerging and innovative digital solutions, including Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain process bots and natural language processing
- Mentor and support other team members to achieve team outcomes and facilitate a motivated and hard-working environment
- Data strategy assessment, strategy development and stakeholder socialisation and acceptance
- Data platform assessment, solution strategy and delivery
- Define and deliver enterprise information management frameworks that address data lineage, data dictionaries, data ownership, data sensitivity, data privileges and accessibility
We are looking for people with a depth of experience in this arena. Your background might encompass one or a few of the following:
- Data Scientist: Using Data Science techniques and Machine Learning skills over Big Data
- Data Engineer: Engineering modern data solutions or pipelines to facilitate advanced analytics, visualisation & interactive data applications
- Data Analyst/Information Management Specialist: Analysing and business consulting with data – using relational databases (SQL), data workbench & visualisation tools for project delivery, applying business logic and interpreting results
You’ll demonstrate your experience in a consulting environment and/or experience within industry where you have developed your subject matter expertise and led others. You’ll need to bring an ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and to build strong client relationships. We're looking for talented people, team players and progressive thinkers who can communicate their ideas convincingly.
You will have:
- A sound understanding of digital and cognitive technologies and analytics, information management and business process based solutions
- Demonstrable industry knowledge; understanding the way your primary industry functions and how data can be collected, analysed and utilized; maintaining flexibility in the face of big data developments
- Experience in financial services, telecommunications and retail is not mandatory but highly regarded
- Possess the following traits:
- Intellectual curiosity; exploring new territories and finding creative and unusual ways to solve data management problems.
- Patience, as nothing will work the first time.
- Focus; enjoy working in the detail and understanding the intricacies of how and why a data pipeline works as it does.
- A disciplined approach to problem solving and an ability to critically assess a range of information to differentiate true business needs as opposed to user requests
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to develop and manage enduring client relationships, engendering a sense of trust and respect
- Have a questioning mind and lots of bright ideas
- Be a critical thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Be comfortable with manipulating and combining large, high dimensional datasets from multiple sources
- Have an ability to interpret findings and identify key insights to communicate to a non-technical audience
- Have demonstrated experience building relationships with internal and/or external clients
- Possess business development capability to utilise your professional networks and further develop this with us
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
Next steps? Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online and contact email@example.com for further information.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now