We are looking for a high calibre leader that is an expert in business strategies, business operating models and business operations in the consumer and industrial market (experience in other sector such as healthcare, education, financial services and others is also welcome), and knows how to combine industry insights, industry trends and technology trends with a strategy to action approach, that helps clients challenge their future ambition, identify opportunities, make informed decisions and achieve transformational success.
This position will join our Sydney team at Director-level on a permanent basis, will sell and deliver work to clients in his/her network, and the KPMG network, across multiple sectors to help them answer their big strategic questions or operating challenges and grow or protect their business.
- Join an entrepreneurial high-growth Management Consulting team and be part of an exciting new growth area for KPMG
- Build a long term career with great people on a varied and multi-disciplinary environment
- Enjoy the people-first culture with a focus on a balanced work environment
- Be part of our growth and innovation strategy
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
Enterprise Management Consulting provides a dedicated mid-market consulting advisory service, offering Tier 1 consulting expertise to help them solve and implement solutions to address the often complex challenges across their business. We understand what is important for our clients and help them navigate through their challenges to realign and reposition them for the future. With continued growth, we're now looking to recruit a Director into our Enterprise Management Consulting team in Sydney.
Working as an integral part of our Enterprise Management Consulting team in Sydney this role will be autonomous as a leader in driving growth, innovation and execution across multiple industries.
Your role will include:
- Focusing on business development, converting AUD 1 million of sales in your first year in the consumer and industrial market as well as in other sectors such as healthcare, education, local government and financial services;
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with clients during and post engagements and through building strong professional networks;
- Developing compelling, differentiated and innovative value propositions, services and solutions;
- Working in collaboration with the rest of KPMG to leverage the breadth of the firm’s expertise and innovation;
- Exploring and analysing market and industry trends, expansion opportunities, including mergers and acquisitions, competitive threats, viability of business partnerships, new products and business improvement opportunities;
- Leading client engagements, supported by day-to-day managers, acting as a key contact and relationship owner with senior stakeholders;
- Bringing passion and deep expertise - consulting, sector and competency - that positions you as being an inspirational role model and leader within the Enterprise Management Consulting team;
- Growing and developing a high performing team, as well as transferring knowledge and skills to broader staff; and
- Mastering consulting skills, from executive storyboarding, negotiating with owners and C-suite, facilitating complex workshops through to reviewing the quality of the deliverables of the team and taking responsibility for the final product.
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Own network in the mid-market (owners, Board members and C-suite);
- Significant experience in leading strategy formulation, strategic planning, value creation and business transformation engagements;
- Previous experience working for a well-regarded Management Consulting firm or acting as the client sponsor in engaging and managing consultants on significant strategy and operations projects;
- Deep understanding of:
- Business strategies, business models and business operations in the consumer and industrial sector. Experience in other sectors such as financial services, local government and/or healthcare and aged care sectors also welcome;
- Common levers of value for businesses and value creation opportunities;
- Digital, customer engagement, business transformation and common business technology and operating models;
- Business research and analytics with the a second to none ability to be a data driven thinker, comfortable with analysing large volumes of qualitative and quantitative data;
- How to take complex information and simplify it for dynamic audiences;
- Common operating model designs, the winning characteristics of operational excellence and apply a pragmatic problem solving approach to developing differentiated capabilities and driving competitive advantage through operations
- You are able to think commercially and strategically about the business case for investment opportunities and risks associated with them;
- You understand business problems and are obsessed with providing exceptional customer outcomes;
- Highly developed interpersonal and networking skills and exceptional stakeholder management;
- A strong track record as a results-oriented leader;
- A proven track record in business and relationship development;
- Strong structured problem solving and client service team leadership capabilities;
- Demonstrated capability in developing team members both in work quality and in role modelling values aligned to KPMG’s;
- A honest and ethical approach to business which will provide a natural fit with KPMG's values; and
- A well-developed senior network in Australia and NSW in the mid-market is preferable.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!