KPMG works with clients to help them address complex business problems and opportunities relevant to sustainability. Projects cover a broad range of topics including reporting strategy and assurance, sustainability strategy, target and KPI development, impact quantification, ESG investing, and climate change resilience.
Your new role
We offer the opportunity to leverage your existing strong assurance skill set across an exciting, growing and diverse portfolio of assurance engagements.
As part of a national Advisory Sustainability Services function, this role will play an integral part of the ongoing growth of the division. You will be expected to lead/in-charge assurance engagements using the skills and knowledge developed through your experience on audit engagements.
Your role will involve working closely with our subject matter experts (SME) on a diverse range of assurance and advisory engagements, learning from the SMEs and developing your knowledge of our sustainability and advisory services.
You have the opportunity to broaden your skills through exposure to a diverse range of projects that cover greenhouse gas and energy reporting, sustainability reporting, climate change risk management, mitigation and adaptation, social return on investment, ESG risk and strategy, health and safety, and a broad range of sustainability-related research projects.
We are seeking expressions of Interest from Professionals with an audit/assurance background with additional key skills and experience in Sustainability/Consulting.
As an example our current engagements include:
- Assurance of the emissions reporting of various large hydrocarbon and mining clients
- Assurance of sustainability reporting of a number of large listed entities across a range of industry sectors
- Advisory and assurance engagements relating to carbon offset projects
- Advisory services relating to alignment with the Task Force of Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD)
- Environmental compliance assessments
- Advisory and assurance engagements relating to Safeguard Baseline determinations
You bring to the role
For you to be successful in this position you will ideally have a combination of the following:
- Experience in the provision of assurance services over reporting and data collection systems
- Strong understanding of auditing and sampling methodologies
- Ability to manage a project, team and budget
- An interest in non-financial reporting, sustainability, ESG and/or environmental issues
- Coaching skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
What we offer you
KPMG is one of the world’s leading professional services networks. It comprises over 162,000 people in member firms in more than 155 countries. We bring our clients the best minds and the deepest industry experiences from across the KPMG network of firms. We provide a culture of learning and support in which professionals can flourish and discover their true potential. In Australia, and globally, KPMG is recognized as an employer of choice, including receiving the Employer of Choice for Gender Equality from WGEA, and a Top 10 Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
At KPMG we believe that business has a vital role to play in solving social and environmental problems. We aspire to be an innovative and forward thinking leader in Corporate Citizenship, harnessing the energy and capabilities of our people to achieve positive outcomes for the community.
While supporting numerous organisations in the areas of education, social inclusion and health, our strategic priorities in Corporate Citizenship are:
- closing the gap between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians through our Reconciliation Action Plan
- protecting the environment through our Global Green Initiative
- supporting the principles of the UN Global Compact through our involvement as a local and global signatory.
At KPMG we offer you:
- Ongoing learning and career development opportunities, including global secondments.
- The ability to collaborate and link across borders and globally with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business.
- The ability to be involved in KPMG’s support of numerous organisations in the areas of education, social inclusion and health including our Reconciliation Action Plan and Global Green Initiative.
- A culture focused on agile, collaborative working environments supported by cutting edge technology and virtual systems.
Go Beyond Your Potential. Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.