Analyst - Equity Capital Markets
Job no: 511746
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Division: Deals Tax & Legal
- Looking for curious and passionate individuals to grow our leading ECM practice
- Opportunity to advise a broad range of clients including private and publicly listed companies, founder-led businesses, high-growth corporates and private equity
- Develop deep ECM expertise across a range of sectors, as well as opportunities to collaborate on cross-border transactions with our global network
- Work alongside key senior management internally and externally
- Located in Sydney
KPMG’s ECM Advisory team provides strategic and tactical advice to clients on raising equity in the global capital markets, such as helping private companies prepare for and execute an IPO, listed companies to raise new equity or strategic shareholders to monetise a stake in a listed entity. Our distinct perspective allows us to deliver impartial advice to clients and act as their trusted adviser over the long term.
Our team is led by Cecily Conroy who has almost 20 years’ experience in ECM and corporate finance. She has advised on over A$50bn of ECM transactions across Australian, New Zealand, Asian, European and US equity markets. Our team is one of the most active ECM Advisory businesses in Australia. In response to increased demand for our services in the marketplace, we are seeking an Analyst to join our fast-growing team in Sydney.
As an Analyst in our ECM Advisory team, you will form an instrumental part of our team and will be involved in all aspects of a wide variety of ECM transactions. You can expect to be:
- Supporting the execution of live ECM deals across a range of sectors and deal types such as IPOs, placements, entitlement offers, block trades, strategic investor relations and public market M&A
- Interacting with clients on a daily basis and coordinate other stakeholders including investment banks, investors, legal counsel, accountants and other advisers
- Reviewing and analysing our clients operations, business model, capital structure, financial performance, competitive landscape & positioning
- Assisting with the preparation of presentation materials outlining advice to clients and key transaction documentation (including investor presentations and other offer documentation)
- Managing and building client relationships, including assisting in the origination of new ECM advisory mandates, preparation of pitch books and attending client meetings with c-level executives / board members
- Analysing equity market trends and transaction precedents
- Working collaboratively with colleagues in other KPMG divisions to deliver holistic advice to clients
Skills and experience
To be considered for this opportunity, your experience, qualifications and skills should include:
- Hold relevant university degree in Commerce, Finance or related disciplines
- Broader interest in equity capital markets and desire to work across sectors
- Team player with the ability to build relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Desire to contribute to the team success along with a motivated and dedicated work ethic
What the KPMG ECM team will offer you
- The opportunity to learn from highly experienced team members with diverse backgrounds including bulge bracket investment banking and corporate roles
- A role in a highly reputable and fast-growing ECM Advisory team with an exposure to a number of high-profile transactions and clients
- The opportunity to assist high-profile and high-growth clients based in Australia and globally on large and strategic matters and help to create value for them
- Direct exposure to executive level clients and clients’ advisors e.g. Investment Banks, Legal Advisor, etc.
- The ability to make an immediate impact within the existing team and on client engagements
- A collaborative and supportive culture that can provide flexibility and work life balance within a deal environment
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now