Manager/Senior Manager- M&A Tax
Job no: 513714
Work type: Permanent Full Time, Fixed Term Full Time
Location: Perth, Brisbane, Sydney
Division: Deals Tax & Legal
- Work with some of the largest and most respected International and Australian businesses
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Collaborate with sector and technical tax experts to grow your knowledge and network
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and innovate as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change and drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
Why us and why now?
The Deal Advisory Tax team is a market leading, dynamic, fun team that works on the most significant transactions in the Australian market. Our clients cover the breadth of the market, including private equity, infrastructure, property, financial services and everything in between. Be prepared to work on projects that make the front page of the news!
We are looking for motivated and talented people to be part of the team. Currently, we’re looking to recruit a highly motivated Senior Manager to lead our team.
You will be exposed to a wide variety of day-to-day tasks, whilst working directly and autonomously with our clients, including:
- Tax due diligence – identifying the tax exposure of a deal and how it may be mitigated, with clear focus on risk assessment.
- Structuring an acquisition or disposition – advice on the tax consequences of individual acquisitions, joint ventures and divestments in order to help design tax-efficient deal structures.
- Tax modelling – assistance in forecasting post-deal tax liabilities in business models.
- Vendor assistance – preparation of vendor side documentation and tax advice on the tax implications of the sale of a business, including pre-deal reorganisation measures and settlement of historic tax risks.
- Post-deal integration – helping clients reconcile their tax positions and those of the acquired business.
- ATO and FIRB liaison – assisting to respond to questions from the ATO and FIRB in relation to proposed transactions.
How are you extraordinary?
- This role will suit either a Finance/Accounting/Law professional, ideally with recent experience in M&A/ transactional tax.
- A commitment to client service with a proven track record of developing strong relationships with clients.
- Strong tax technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, supervise and mentor team members.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to flexibility allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now