Senior Consultant/Manager – GMS Tax Advisory (Australian & US Tax)
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
The Global Mobility Services advisory team within the KPMG People Services business has expertise in both Australian & US tax, enabling the team to provide cross-jurisdictional tax services to clients. The team has experienced significant growth and is recruiting a Senior Consultant to join its high performing team in Sydney.
As an experienced Consultant/Senior Consultant in our People Services team, your will:
- Have a focus on providing a high-touch, value-add advisory and compliance services to a diverse client portfolio;
- Work directly with senior leadership and clients to provide holistic tax planning and technical advice on Australian and US tax matters impacting US citizens residing in Australia;
- Deliver end-to-end Australian and US tax compliance and consulting services to our client base;
- Liaising with our compliance team in India in preparation of US individual tax returns, as well as foreign informational filings. Including reporting for Foreign Trusts and partnerships, Controlled Foreign Companies and PFICs;
- Work alongside our team to build trusted and long-term relationships with clients;
- Working within our wider People Services business, alongside a young and vibrant national team with a collaborative culture and strong growth mindset.
International candidates with direct experience in US expatriate tax, or local candidates with general experience in US tax, global mobility, or individual tax will be highly valued.
What we will provide you
- An inclusive, diverse and supportive work culture
- Blue sky opportunities to grow your career together with the team and progress within the firm;
- Full training in US & Australian individual tax, with a focus on international tax issues.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities, including support to pursue further post-graduate studies in a related field (for example, Australian & New Zealand Chartered Accountants or US Enrolled Agency accreditation)
- A flexible working environment
- Great opportunity to use technology and innovation to provide value to clients
- Competitive remuneration package
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience working in tax;
- Tertiary qualification in a related discipline;
- Experience in US tax not required - however a willingness to learn is essential and full training will be provided;
- Exhibit a problem-solving mindset and work alongside team members to translate client needs into practical and implementable solutions;
- Thrive in an ever-changing, fast paced environment, and able to adapt to client needs and challenges whilst remaining resilient and focused;
- Work effectively alongside other KPMG client service teams within the firm;
- Experience in executing both compliance and advisory work for clients;
- A commitment to client service with a proven track record of developing strong relationships with clients;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills will provide a natural fit to KPMG’s team environment.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess, and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!