- Immerse yourself in a high-performance corporate finance/investment banking culture
- Collaborate with sector and technical experts to grow your knowledge and network
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG’s M&A practice is one of the largest and most successful M&A businesses in Australia with an enviable list of completed transactions across a broad range of industries including technology, consumer markets, healthcare, industrial markets and mining (services).
Our M&A practice prides itself on providing independent corporate advisory services across a range of transactions including; acquisitions, divestments, mergers, takeovers and capital raisings. The M&A team supports our public and private clients across a diverse range of industries to originate, structure, manage, de-risk and execute buy and sell-side transactions at both the corporate and asset levels.
KPMG’s Sydney-based Mergers & Acquisitions are seeking a Manager to join the team to respond to increasing demand for its offering in the marketplace. We are specifically seeking a high performing individual with strong execution experience to be a leader in our M&A practice.
As a Manager you will be required to assist in leading a high performing team involved in advising a broad client portfolio across multiple industries and sectors, as well as playing a key role in the long term enhancement and tenure of our position within the market.
You will demonstrate a level of strong technical expertise and market credibility, including your ability to:
- Work on a diverse range of mandates; including buy side, sell side and corporate advisory mandates.
- Work with a broad range of clients ranging from publicly listed companies, large private companies and private equity (PE) groups.
- Collaborate with the broader KPMG network to execute on client engagements.
- Utilise research and analytical skills to identify and articulate client needs, issues, key risks to provide client management teams with clear recommendations
- Prepare pricing materials, including but not limited to detailed financial models and completion of financial analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of key transaction documentation including teaser documents, information memorandums and company presentations.
- Support the day-to-day responsibility of execution on transactions, including interaction with clients, financiers and legal advisers.
- Identify, investigate and pursue business development opportunities to generate future revenue for the team.
What you bring to the role
- Diversified M&A transaction experience preferably within a Big 4, corporate development team and/or investment banking/boutique firm;
- A degree in business, commerce/accounting or a relevant discipline including CA and/or CFA qualifications;
- Ability to help lead the day to day execution of a full cycle M&A transaction;
- Exceptional networking and client skills coupled with the ability to identify business opportunities and develop engagement pipelines;
- Advanced stakeholder management skills;
- Resilience and an ability to perform in a high pressure/fast-paced business environment; and
- Demonstrated mentoring, development and training of junior team members.
*You may have other diverse skills/experiences that you can bring to the role such as financial modelling, financial analysis and report writing. Those with backgrounds in accounting, finance, corporate or strategy-based roles that are related to M&As are encouraged to apply*
What the M&A team will offer you
- A collaborative and supportive culture that has the ability to provide flexibility and work life balance within an M&A environment;
- High volume deal flow balanced by significant scope to develop your deal origination skills;
- Direct exposure to C-suite management level clients within the corporate and private equity landscape, with opportunity to develop “trusted adviser” relationships with mid-market clients;
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing team of driven, high performing and like minded professionals with strong visibility at the national team level and more broadly within KPMG;
- Ability to make an immediate impact within the existing team and on client engagements; and
- Opportunity to learn from highly experienced senior team members with backgrounds in bulge bracket investment banking and senior corporate roles.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!