Senior Consultant, Manager and Associate Director – CFO Advisory Canberra
- Join a market-leading team working with Australia’s largest government agencies and government owned corporations, with an inclusive, diverse and supportive team culture
- Tackle Australia’s most interesting and challenging government problems
- Choose the way you want to work by embracing our flexible work arrangements and refreshed parental leave policy which sets the benchmark for Australia’s largest employers
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. In Canberra, we work with the Australian Public Service to solve complex problems that will shape Australia’s future. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
Who are we?
The CFO Advisory team is growing to meet an increasing demand from a broad range of clients that need to transform their finance capabilities to meet future challenges. From broadening their strategic role to supporting their business to embrace a data driven digitally enabled environment that provides them with performance information and insights.
A career with CFO Advisory will provide you with the opportunity to work with our clients to develop innovative solutions to the complex challenges facing CFOs and their teams. Our clients choose us for our specialist fiscal, financial and reporting experience, digital enablement, collaborative approach and ability to add value to them across a range of interconnected issues.
If you are excited about the opportunity to share your knowledge and experience to deliver real insights and innovative solutions to our clients, then we have a number of roles available at differing levels of experience and qualifications. You will have the opportunity to work across a variety of engagements across the government sector, to build and manage consultative relationships with clients and peers, lead and manage the delivery of engagements, and make a positive contribution to national policy initiatives.
As a Senior Consultant, Manager or Associate Director in our CFOA Advisory team in Canberra, this role could include:
- Advising CFOs and their staff on financial and governance issues affecting their organisations
- Contributing to the development of the Commonwealth Budget and Whole of Government reporting
- Assisting with the development of major government infrastructure transactions
- Establishment of new government entities, funds or program initiatives to deliver Government outcomes
- Advising on the financial aspects of major projects in Defence and Government
- Partnering with government agencies to deliver on the finance function
- Development of financial tools, including financial modelling, analysis of big data and automation of tasks
- Functional and efficiency reviews of government entities
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Experience working with government entities in the delivery of financial or budgetary management
- A passion for delivering innovative client solutions, applying analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in leading, managing or working within multidisciplinary teams across multiple engagements, activities or tasks
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to influence and present your ideas with impact to clients and other key stakeholders, and explain complex technical issues simply
- Experience in building capability to improve performance
- Relevant tertiary qualifications including a CA or CPA (or ability to obtain a CA or CPA) coupled with relevant experience within the public sector or advisory firms
- Australian security clearance, or ability to obtain one – please note, Australian citizenship is required to obtain this clearance.
What we offer you:
At KPMG, how you grow matters. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference as we look to build sustainable pathways to growth – shaping a positive future for everyone.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing, such as:
- True flexibility to work when, where and how you want, on either a full-time or part time basis, as supported by our three-hub agile working model across the Home, Office, and Client Hubs.
- Our parental leave policy which is market-leading in Australia (up to 26 weeks of fully paid parental leave, with no ‘primary carer’ criteria, meaning any parent can take leave to care for their child regardless of their partner’s caring status), and serves to Australian workplace gender equity.
- Annual paid leave entitlements to volunteer in ESG initiatives
- Extensive opportunities to work closely with some of our most iconic clients, including via secondments with the support of our firm.
Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!