Expressions of Interest - Senior Consultant - Manager Levels - Engineering & Asset Management | Infrastructure, Assets & Places (Canberra)
About the job
- Help build a better Australia
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Join a market-leading team delivering some of Australia’s most significant infrastructure projects and programs
- Enjoy our flexible working environment
As part of one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms, KPMG Australia’s Infrastructure, Assets and Places (IAP) group brings together market-leading strategic, commercial and technical capabilities to create something that is truly unique for our clients and our people.
We are looking for talented individuals who share our purpose of building a better Australia through the planning, procurement, delivery and optimisation of infrastructure, assets and places.
A core part of the vision for IAP is to attract and retain the best people as a destination employer – offering rewarding careers and investing in the growth of our people.
We are committed to sustaining a positive culture that is:
- Bold and agile
- Diverse and inclusive
- Collaborative and trusting
- Energetic, ambitious and fun.
We are seeking motivated and highly skilled individuals with a passion for Project Management and Advisory to join our growing team and help our diverse client base to maximise the value delivered through their assets.
This position will give you an opportunity to work with some of the most talented and recognised leaders in infrastructure planning, procurement and delivery in the country and to be part of a diverse team of infrastructure specialists supporting clients with some of the most significant investments in the country.
To find out more click here.
Why now and why us?
As a priority growth area for KPMG Australia, IAP is investing in both people and technology to enhance our capabilities – and to help our people flourish.
How we grow starts with you, and we believe how you grow matters.
We currently have a range of exciting, nationally significant engagements and opportunities including:
- Many of Australia’s largest and most complex infrastructure projects
- Socially impactful projects and reform initiatives in transport, health, social & affordable housing, education and justice
- Critical work with Australia’s Defence and associated National Security portfolios
- Renewable/clean energy projects and energy transition initiatives
- Significant property transactions and precinct development activities.
You will be responsible for supporting our valued clients with project management and advisory in one or more, but not limited to the following areas:
- Supporting clients with the early planning through to procurement and delivery of large infrastructure projects
- Multi-discipline team leadership and management
- Supporting clients and managing teams through design development
- Supporting client with project programming and scheduling
- Supporting with project and option definition
- Supporting clients with procurement activities
- Providing advice in relation to technical issues through the planning procurement and delivery
- Supporting and leading on Stakeholder engagement and management activities
- Liaising and managing interfaces with various authorities and approval entities
- Project managing technical studies
- Supporting option / solution analysis and inputting and supporting the commercial consideration of projects (including Business Cases)
- Supporting client with budget and program management
- Supporting clients with the establishment of project management processes and approaches to support the delivery of their projects.
How are you extraordinary?
Ideal candidates for this role will bring with them experience in either:
- General project management related to the planning, procurement and delivery of infrastructure projects
- Experience in project management and advisory within a range of sectors transport, social infrastructure, defence and national security
- Experience in working in either / both the public and private sectors as either a consultant or within a contractor environment
- Experience in working with all levels of Government Local, State and Federal
- Experience of managing and coordinating large multi-discipline teams
- Experience in providing strategic project management and leadership on large complex capital works programs
- Experience in the establishment or working as part of a PMO
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- An AIPM accreditation as a project manager or project director or willingness to work towards (desirable)
You will have:
- The ability to think Strategically
- Highly developed project management and project leadership skills.
- Practical experience of managing large multi-discipline teams.
- Experience or managing / supporting procurement experience across a range of delivery models.
- Strong communication skills and experience engaging with clients and stakeholders to elicit and interpret requirements and manage project delivery.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise initiatives and deliver solutions in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Ability to produce high quality reports, presentations and data analysis
- Management consulting experience (desirable)
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics that our people possess, and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG!
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!