- Join a market-leading team delivering some of Australia’s most significant infrastructure projects and reform programs, with an inclusive, diverse and supportive team culture
- Take advantage of professional development and career-building opportunities with diverse client exposure
- Choose the way you want to work by embracing our flexible work arrangements and refreshed parental leave policy which sets the benchmark for Australia’s largest employers
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
A career with CFO Advisory will provide you with the opportunity to work with our clients to develop innovative solutions to the complex challenges that the CFO and their team face. Our clients choose us for our specialist financial control and reporting experience, advisory knowledge, collaborative approach and ability to add value to them across a range of interconnected issues.
If you are excited about the opportunity to share your knowledge and experience to deliver real commercial insights and innovative solutions to our clients on a variety of engagements across the banking and wealth management sectors, then this is the role for you. You will have the opportunity to build and manage consultative relationships with clients and peers, project manage the delivery of engagements and make a positive contribution to business growth initiatives.
You will work with some of the country’s leading clients in a positive, collaborative and team focused environment. This role is ideally suited to candidates seeking a first move out of external audit/assurance or who have had direct work experience in a finance function, and who are seeking an opportunity to enhance their problem-solving skills with deep finance and commercial advisory experience.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Manage the delivery of complex projects. This will include end to end project management, developing key client deliverables, presenting results, and liaising with senior members of the CFOA team, other KPMG teams and our clients
- Support our clients in implementing new regulatory requirements. This includes interpretation of the requirements, analysing and sourcing required data, ensuring the data is effectively governed and establishing processes and controls that will enable high quality reporting to be produced
- Assist our clients design and implement governance frameworks across their end to end financial and regulatory processes that embeds clear accountability and ownership within their organisations
- Analyse risks and design controls across complex business processes as our financial services clients transform their businesses
- Work in cross divisional teams on pre and post deal finance function set-up engagements, supporting our clients to realise value and synergies from their merger and acquisition activities
- Support our strategic initiatives including developing innovative solutions and taking those solutions to market.
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications including CA or equivalent, coupled with relevant experience in audit, advisory or assurance in Professional Services or in industry
- Strong understanding of the AASB framework, potentially with experience in implementing accounting standards changes
- Prior experience in a finance function or leading a large complex finance project (including understanding of financial systems and processes) is desirable
- A passion for delivering innovative client solutions using your excellent communication and problem-solving skills and experience in project management
- A commercial and analytical mindset with well-developed written and verbal communication skills, and strong project management skills
- Experience in leading teams and providing training and guidance to build performance
What we offer you:
At KPMG, how you grow matters. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference as we look to build sustainable pathways to growth – shaping a positive future for everyone.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing, such as:
- True flexibility to work when, where and how you want, on either a full-time or part time basis, as supported by our three-hub agile working model across the Home Hub, Office Hub, and Client Hub
- Our parental leave policy which is market-leading in Australia (up to 26 weeks of fully paid parental leave, with no ‘primary carer’ criteria, meaning any parent can take leave to care for their child regardless of their partner’s caring status), and serves to Australian workplace gender equity
- Annual paid leave entitlements to volunteer in ESG initiatives
- Extensive opportunities to work closely with some of our most iconic clients, including via secondments with the support of our firm.
Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG: [AJ1]
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!