Business Development Associate Director - Insurance
Job no: 514785
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Division: Business Services
- Are you looking to become part of a dynamic and high impact leadership team?
- We are looking for a highly motivated leader and skilled Business Development Associate Director to drive the clients & markets function across key clients in our Insurance sector?
- This role expands beyond core business development skills, as it also builds on strategic planning acumen, stakeholder management (clients and KPMG SMEs), communication and project management abilities.
- This role will see you working with C-Suite clients as well as executive leaders in the firm and can provide you with exciting career progression opportunities.
- Value Diversity? It's what sets us apart!
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
The main purpose of this role is to work with our Insurance leadership team focused on key insurance accounts and help drive opportunities, build, grow and maintain our relationships in these accounts. You will be a crucial member of the Insurance sector team and work closely with leadership members.
Your new role:
- Work alongside the Insurance leaders on these key accounts to ensure that there is a strong business development drive and operating model in place.
- Drive the creation and lead the execution of opportunities, optimise our revenue/opportunities as well as addressing major client pain points.
- Responsible for driving growth activities across key accounts.
- Lead go-to-market strategies and be an energetic client facing force to account for revenue, brand permission creation and strategic growth.
- Working across functions to curate targeted client solutions and SMEs collaboration across technology, digital and data, actuarial, management consulting, risk advisory, tax, to list a few.
- Identify future demand opportunities (including pursuits qualification and end to end leads across the sales lifecycle ensuring strategic alignment to sector growth plans).
- Understanding the competitive positioning of our firm in relation to competitors across key clients.
- Increasing sales conversion through deploying rigorous sales processes, pricing, contracting and negotiation to win work across multiple channels.
- Focusing on current sector issues to ensure that time sensitive solutions and ideas are communicated to clients using our internal network to identify KPMG’s point of view and develop propositions to take to the clients.
- Ensuring major opportunities, account plans and actions are reviewed and challenged regularly.
- Providing visibility of sales pipeline by ensuring pipeline management systems are kept up to date.
- Ensuring that all proposal and pitch processes are followed up with a formal client debrief.
- Accountability for leveraging and utilising our global insurance network and capability
- Actively coach team members in your sector to improve Business development capability in order to harness new opportunities and develop stronger client relationships.
- Lead internal and client workshops.
- Act as a role model for Business Development across agreed portfolio and the wider firm.
- Focus on identifying and developing the next generation of KPMG Insurance sector leaders.
Your Skills and Experience
- At least 5-8 years’ experience in a sales or client-facing professional role, in a complex solution sales environment.
- Demonstrated relevant industry sector experience.
- Ability to build strong internal and client relationships based on trust.
- Experience in a professional services or technology organisation is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills that enable the individual to work in a fast moving and highly collaborative culture.
- Confident to work at senior executive stakeholder levels delivering succinct messages that can be consumed quickly with internal and external stakeholders.
- A deep understanding and experience with the development of sales pursuit strategies, developing client value propositions, client solution development and negotiations strategies.
- Track record of leading client conversations and internal teams in the shaping, winning and closing of large client deals.
- Ability to coach and mentor senior stakeholders on best practice.
- Ability to present to clients around KPMG solutions; and able to present to KPMG staff at all levels.
- Energy and hands on approach!
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now