Associate Director, Government Sector – Governance, Risk and Controls Advisory
Job no: 514817
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Division: Audit, Assurance & Risk Consulting
- Join a Global Leader in risk consulting working on landmark projects
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and collaborative culture
- Choose your own way of working by embracing our flexible work arrangements
KPMG Governance, Risk and Controls Advisory – Who are we?
KPMG Governance, Risk and Controls Advisory is a specialist Consulting Team dedicated to driving commercial outcomes through viewing risk management as a lever for enhancing innovation, reputation and sustainable growth. We partner with some of most leading state government departments and public sector agencies. Due to the ongoing nature of reform, transformation and change in the sector, our service line continues to experience healthy growth year on year. We come from a diverse group of backgrounds, including accountants, lawyers, engineers, management consultants, economists and business professionals.
We are currently looking for an Associate Director to lead a range of engagements and further grow our government portfolio in our Melbourne GRCA practice.
Your Opportunity – Associate Director
As an Associate Director within the GRCA team you will manage a portfolio of clients across the government sector.
Internally you’ll be working with the leadership group to ensure that delivery is optimised, commercial targets are on track and business development opportunities are identified. On the client-side you’ll be involved in presentations, consulting work and have responsibility for managing your team. This is how you will be contributing as an Associate Director.
Specifically, you’ll be
- Design: Reviewing risks, with associated process, controls, frameworks and functions including gap analysis, design, operation and outputs.
- Execution and Reporting: Delivery of targeted programs of work to provide assurance over specific risks and controls management.
- Assessment: Conducting independent assessments on an array of projects and clients, partnering with other KPMG teams as appropriate.
- Managing internal team budgets, deliverables and engagements.
- Coaching a team on best practice risk management and assurance methodology while driving a culture of high performance and ethical business practices.
- Presenting findings and reports to Senior Leadership both client-facing and internal.
- Identifying opportunities for business development and revenue generation.
- Building strong relationships with clients, ensuring that service deliverables are being met and exceeded where possible.
How are you Extraordinary?:
- Recent experience consulting in an internal audit or risk associated role, delivering Governance, Risk and/or Internal Audit services, either in government sector and/or in a client-facing role
- Strong ability to analyse information quickly using innovative solutions to solve complex problems.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written, able to articulate examples of dealing with difficult stakeholders, problem solving, process improvements.
- High level of organisation and ability to manage conflicting deadlines, priorities and wide variety of work engagements.
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships and network with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now